Our reputation is earned by our conduct: what we say, what we do, the products we provide, the services we offer and the way we act. We on an ongoing basis continue to believe strongly in adopting and adhering to the best corporate governance practices and benchmarking ourselves against the industry’s best practices. It is our endeavour to achieve the highest levels of governance as a part of its responsibility towards the shareholders and other stakeholders.
We believe success requires the highest standards of corporate ethics towards everyone we work with, the communities we serve, and the environment we impact. This is our road to sustainable, profitable growth to create long-term value for our people, customers and shareholders.
We have an active, capable and diligent management and leadership team that understands its role in implementing rigorous financial discipline, risk metrics and gold standard corporate governance. The above principles have been the guiding force for whatever we do and shall continue to be so in the years to come.
A message to our Shareholders
“A fundamental measure of our success will be the shareholder value we create over the long term.” From the very beginning, our emphasis has been on the long term and as a result, we may make decisions and weigh tradeoffs differently than some other companies. Accordingly, it is important for you, our shareholders, to understand our fundamental management and decision-making approach so that you may ensure that it is consistent with your own investment philosophy. We will continue to:
- Focus relentlessly on our customers/network partners.
- Make bold investment decisions in light of long-term leadership considerations rather than short-term profitability considerations.
- There is more innovation ahead of us than behind us, and to that end, we are committed to extending our leadership in e-commerce in a way that benefits customers and therefore, inherently, investors – you can’t do one without the other. Some of these bold investments will pay off, others will not, but we will have learned a valuable lesson in either case.
- Work hard to spend wisely and maintain our lean culture. We understand the importance of continually reinforcing a cost-conscious culture.
- Focus on hiring and retaining versatile and talented employees, and weight their compensation to significant stock ownership rather than cash. We know our success will be largely affected by our ability to attract and retain a motivated employee base, each of whom must think like, and therefore must actually be, an owner.
We are firm believers that the long-term interests of shareholders are tightly linked to the interests of our customers. If we do our jobs right, today’s customers will buy more tomorrow, we’ll add more customers in the process, and it will all add up to more cash flow and more long-term value for our shareholders.
We thank you, our owners, for your support, your encouragement, and for joining us on this adventure. If you’re a customer, we thank you again!